Thursday, January 17, 2008

hiatus almost over

this isn't quite a real post but don't worry, i'll put one up shortly...WITH PICTURES!!!! that's right, boys and girls, i bought a camera!!! a canon ixus 70 (in the states it's called the powershot sd1000). as further proof i am my father's son, i went out to buy a piece of equipment without knowing anything about the field in the first place, yet am firmly convinced that it is the best buy i could have made. plus it was $20 less than i thought it was going to be, and i know this will make the parents proud, so i celebrated by going out and having a $30 steak... and a coke. yup saved $20 on something i'll own for years, spent $33 on something that'll be through my system before i go ice fishing... anyone else notice that you only ever seem to pick up your parents' bad habits?

2 comments:

BigB said...

I for one, have not picked-up on my parents bad habits. I have decided to be original, and develop my own bad habits.

jackabassalope said...

surely you at least got mom's sigh, it's a must for any family get together